Basic Info of UEM scholarship and company
Yayasan UEM provides the opportunity for Malaysia’s youth to pursue undergraduate studies at foreign universities. Our scholarship not only covers academic tuition fees and various allowances but we also provide development programs ranging from communications to leadership as well as analytical/critical thinking because our aim is to nurture a holistic, successful individual.
Undergraduate studies at these top local universities / IPTAs only – Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Universiti Malaya (UM), Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM), MARA (UiTM; all nationwide campuses).
The scholarship covers academic expenses including tuition and examination fees, insurance, laptop, subsistence allowance, and allocation for books as well as study-related equipment.
Scholars attending local universities will have a 3-year bond
Scholars attending international universities will have a 5-year bond.
Advantage of taking UEM Scholarship/Extra benefits
A prestigious HP laptop will be gifted to the scholars. For accommodation fee, if you are staying in-campus, the fee will be bore by Yayasan UEM. In case you are staying off-campus, there will be accommodation allowance as support.
Time range to apply
Application will be opened in 5 October and closed in 25 October 2020
Field of Study
- Business (Finance/Business Management/Accounting/Economics)
- Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
- IT and Computer Related (Computer Science, Computer System, and Networking, Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering)
- Actuarial Science
- All applicants must be Malaysian citizens, proficient in English, hardworking, and possess positive personality traits. An outstanding extra-curricular record will be advantageous to your application.
- STPM/Matriculation/Foundation students in 2018, results announced recently, for university enrolment in September 2019
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50
Terms & Conditions
- The applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English
- The applicant must not be bonded to other institutions or organizations
- The successful applicant shall not apply and/or accept any other scholarships or forms of financial aid from other sources while his/her agreement with Yayasan UEM is still in force
- The successful applicant, upon graduation, shall be bonded to Yayasan UEM, a maximum of 5 years
- The successful applicants are subject to (i) the terms and conditions stated in the scholarship and bond agreement, which the successful applicants and respective guarantors are required to enter an agreement with Yayasan UEM; and (ii) pass a medical examination
- Each applicant is to bear all cost incurred in the course of applying for this scholarship
- UEM Group and Yayasan UEM shall not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss, or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the applicant(s) due to any delay and/or failure in submitting his/her application online as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the applicant’s internet service provider and/or by UEM Group
- All matters relating to application and decision made on the Yayasan UEM Scholarship Programme is final. Further correspondence will not be entertained.
- All applicants are to complete the application form and to submit it online before the closing date
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview
- Shortlisted applicants must bring his/her original certificates during the interview
All Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply. Other criteria are as follows:
-Outstanding extra-curricular record
-Proficient in English, hardworking, and possess positive personality traits
Scholarship For STPM/Matriculation/Foundation
-Open to STPM/Matriculation/Foundation students for September 2019 intake. Only those with CGPA of 3.50 and above in their STPM/Matriculation/Foundation results are eligible
The Scholarship covers academic expenses including tuition and examination fees, insurance, laptop, subsistence allowance and allocation for books as well as study-related equipment (for non-business students)
No. Only online application will be entertained.
Yes, but only with written approval from Yayasan UEM.
No. Successful applicant shall not apply and/or accept any other scholarships or forms of financial aid from other sources while his/her agreement with Yayasan UEM is still in force. However financial or other assistance received from the likes of Welfare Department does not fall under this category.
Yes. Scholars attending local universities will have a 3-year bond while those attending international universities will have a 5-year bond.
Enquiries can be directed to ([email protected]) or contact (03-2727 6850 / 6511 / 6439)
After you click the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a confirmation email.
No. You are not required to submit any documents. The supporting documents are only needed during the interview session.
Yes, you can edit/review your application by clicking at ‘Review’ button before closing date. However, once you click SUBMIT, no more changes can be made to your application form.
The error could be due to slow/intermittent internet connection or peak usage hours. The following actions can be taken:
-Copy and paste the error message text and codes and send it to [email protected]; OR
-Save the screen capture of the error message and send it to the above email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone. If you do not hear from us after 2 months, your application is deemed unsuccessful.
UEM Scholarship Interview Experience
We do not have much information to share about this scholarship interview however feel free to refer the embedded post below as there will be similarities in these two interviews.
Here is some advice from one of their previous scholars, “Besides talent and intelligence, is English proficiency. When I got my scholarship, I asked what they were looking for. They said people who could speak.”
We hope that these guide is useful for you. Good luck and all the best!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policy or position of https://www.aglowlife.com/
Get more information about scholarship interview experience and tips at https://www.aglowlife.com/scholarships/