- 1 PTPTN Terms and Condition
- 2 SSPN
- 3 Steps
- 4 The amount you will get:
- 5 Loan Payback related Information:
- 6 FAQ
PTPTN Terms and Condition
- You are Malaysian citizen
- You are aged 45 years and below during application
- You must already have an offer to study at any higher learning institutions (both public and private institutions, including colleges, universities and polytechnics, are accepted)
- The course that you are pursuing is approved and accredited by MQA
- The remaining period of your study must not be less than one year
- You have no other sponsors in form of scholarship or loan
- You must have an SSPN-i savings account before sending in your application
- Note that the SSPN-i account is different from your savings account. SSPN (or Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional) is a savings scheme by PTPTN for higher education. You must have a SSPN-i account in order to apply for your PTPTN loan.
- Start from 2012, all PTPTN applicants must have SSPN account to apply PTPTN
- Applicants can create an SSPN account with minimum RM20 in Maybank/Bank Rakyat/ RHB Bank/Bank Islam/Agrobank
- Buy BSN pin number at any BSN
- Login into official PTPTN website to fill in the details
- Prepare supporting documents
- After your application passed, you will get an email specify what documents you need to prepare, print and fill in
- Submit the documents to PTPTN officers
- Wait for the loan to bank in into your account
Buy BSN pin number
Applicants can purchase a PIN number from any BSN bank in three ways
- Cash Deposit Machine (CDM)
If you buy a PIN number using an ATM or CDM, you need to have your own personal BSN Giro/ Giro i saving account. The receipt of purchasing pin number will contain the information needed for online application(date, time, pin number etc).
The maximum validity period of the PIN number is six months
The validity period starts from the date of purchase and until you apply online
Login into official PTPTN website to fill in the details
- Applicant information:
PTPTN will email you the result of the application and important documents to the applicant. The applicant must fill in a Valid email address.
- Parents/ Guardians information:
The guardian information does not compulsory to be the biological parents’ information
- Applicant’s Course Information
The course of study must be SEPENUH MASA, the student ID refers to NO. MATRIK
Mod Pengajian: Sepenuh masa
Tahap Pengajian: Ijazah Pertama Sepenuh Masa
Tarikh Mula Pengajian: Follow the check-in date on the offer letter
Applicants need to open a bank account according to the specified bank required by applicant’s University E.g. : University of Malaya is Bank Islam.
So in the column “Nama Bank(ADALAH SEPERTI YANG DITETAPKAN OLEH IPT MASING-MASING)”, fill in “Bank Islam” in this example.
- Applicant academic qualification information
- After filling all the details
- The applicant has unlimited KEMAS KINI attempt in official website BUT
- If you click Ya in Pengesahan Permohonan to submit, you are unable to make any changes
- After that, the applicant need to print out this document as MAKLUMAT PERMOHONAN PEMBIAYAAN
PREPARE PTPTN SUPPORTING DOCUMENT
- Parents that do not have salary slip/ jobless, need to have BORANG PENGESAHAN PENDAPATAN as proof
- Use A4 paper to print out every set of supporting documents, prepare one set for PTPTN officers.
- The order of documents arrangement must base on Senarai Semak Document
Applicant needs to go to the post office to buy 2 pieces of RM10 SETEM HASIL, TOTAL = RM20
After the online application is approved, print and fill out the relevant documents include:
- Senarai semak dokumen
- Surat tawaran pembiayaan pendidikan
- akuan penerimaan
- surat kebenaran 1,2,3,4 (mengikut yang berkenaan)
- Dokumen Perjanjian Pembiayaan Pendidikan (the 2 setem hasil is used here)
- Dokumen Lampiran Pembiayaan Pendidikan
- Applicant need to prepare 2 sets of documents in b) c) and d)
- The first set must be printed from the computer while the second set can be photocopied from the first set. Both sets require the student’s signature and “disaksi”.
- Document printed must be A4 Size (70gsm/80gsm) white paper.
- Each paper must print just on one side of paper.
- The applicant can only use blue or black ball pen to fill out the form but must make sure that only one color is used only
- All documents must be using capital letters
- If you misspelled or there is an error in writing, the applicant must correct the error using strikethrough, then sign beside the correction. (Warning: Please don’t use the correction fluid a.k.a. liquid paper, or else the documents will be invalid.)
- you can “matikan” the Revenue Stamps (Setem Hasil) at the Pejabat Lembaga Hasil/ Pejabat Tanah Daerah
- Or the applicant can paste the Revenue Stamp at the agreement, directly submit it, the PTPTN will “matikan” for you
The amount you will get:
100% Loan = the applicant/parents/guardians is the BSH recipient
75% Loan = non-BSH recipient, total family income not exceeds RM8000
50% Loan = non-BSH recipient, total family income exceeds RM8000
|Education Level||Household Income|
|Diploma (Pharmacy, Dentistry & Health Science)||RM12,750||RM9,560||RM6,380|
|Degree (Pharmacy, Dentistry & Health Science)||RM17,000||RM12,750||RM8,500|
|Postgraduate (Masters, PhD)||N/A|
|Professional Courses (e.g. ACCA)|
|Education Level||Household Income|
|Degree (Pharmacy, Dentistry & Health Science)|
|Diploma (Pharmacy, Dentistry & Health Science)||RM4,750||RM3,560||RM2,380|
|Postgraduate (Master’s Degree)||RM9,500||RM7,130||RM4,750|
|Professional Courses (e.g. ACCA)||RM5,700||RM4,280||RM2,850|
To ensure that you continuously receive funds from PTPTN during your studies, you must ensure that you achieve at least GPA of 2.0 at all times.
If at any time your GPA is less than 2.0, you will not receive PTPTN funds for that particular semester. If your grades improve in the subsequent semester and you raise your GPA to above 2.0, your loan disbursements will be reinstated.
PTPTN loans are subject to a flat rate interest of 1% (or ujrah, a syariah-compliant “fee” to help with the administrative and management costs of PTPTN).
Here’s an example of how your interest is calculated:
Based on the example above, the interest you pay each month on your PTPTN loan is only RM41.67, which is extremely low compared to loans offered by banks and credit facilities.
If you settle your entire loan amount within 12 months after completing your studies, you will not incur the 1% interest / ujrah. This means you only need to pay back what you borrowed, without any interest!
Your repayment period starts 12 months after you complete your studies.
PTPTN will not be sending you any instruction letters, so do be responsible about paying your study loan based on your repayment schedule.
The loan repayment period will depend on how much you borrowed. Here is an indicative summary table.
Do not worry if you are facing difficulties with making repayments as PTPTN is always open for negotiations to restructure your loan repayment. Just head to the nearest PTPTN branch to negotiate for a more favourable repayment rate.
The rise of PTPTN defaulters (people who fail to pay up their loans) over the past few years has resulted in the government imposing a series of measures to deter borrowers from defaulting.
Although some of these measures like the travel ban have been lifted, the blacklisting of PTPTN defaulters in the Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) is still ongoing. CCRIS is a system that stores financial information on Malaysian borrowers and is used by banks to determine if you are a good or bad borrower.
Being blacklisted on CCRIS is a serious matter, as this could mean that you will likely be rejected immediately whenever you apply for credit cards, home loans, or personal loans. As such, it is crucial that you do not default on your PTPTN loan.
If you complete your Degree with First Class Honours and your family household income is in the B40 or M40 group, you will be exempted from paying back your PTPTN loan, which means you essentially received a full scholarship!
Do note however that First Class Honours may differ from university to university, so make sure you check with your counsellors so that you know what to aim for. Generally, however, First Class Honours typically requires you to have at least CGPA of 3.67/4.00, or higher.
- How many bank accounts do we need to create?
Every university will fix its students to create a bank saving account to facilitate financial management. Then, every PTPTN applicant needs to have an SSPN-i bank account. After PTPTN is approved, the loan will be transferred into your bank savings account.
E.g. ： UM PTPTN applicant needs to create SSPN-i and Bank Islam account.
- Does DOKUMEN SOKONGKAN need to be certified?
No, but the certified documents are still acceptable.
- How to convert PTPTN to a free loan repayment?
Graduate with First Class Honour, you might get a chance to not pay back the loan, but need to apply and it is not 100% guaranteed.
- All the documents of PTPTN need to be printed using 80gsm A4 paper?
Supporting documents can be printed using 70gsm/80gsm. After your PTPTN application is approved, there will be an email send to you containing SENARAI SEMAK DOKUMEN, SURAT TAWARAN PEMBIAYAAN PENDIDIKAN, AKUAN PENERIMAAN, SURAT KEBENARAN…must be printed 80gsm A4 paper.
- What if I cannot attend PTPTN document submission day?
University students can send the documents to BAHAGIAN HAL EHWAL PELAJAR and let them submit the document to the PTPTN officer.
Please complete all the documents before MATIKAN SETEM HASIL, the incomplete document will be rejected.
Parents/ Guardians that do not have a salary slip can go to PTPTN official website to download BORANG PENGESAHAN PENDAPATAN.
It is suggested to prepare more PTPTN supporting documents as backup.
I hope that this article is useful for all of you. Good luck and all the best!
Get more information about student click here.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policy or position of https://www.aglowlife.com/