- 1 Basic Info of scholarship and company:
- 2 Value/Amount given:
- 3 Duration of Award:
- 4 Bonding period:
- 5 Advantage of taking this scholarship/Extra benefits:
- 6 Time range to apply:
- 7 Requirements to apply:
- 8 Family financial status:
- 9 Academic result minimum requirement:
- 10 Preferred Discipline:
- 11 Where to Study:
- 12 Study Level:
- 13 Loan Repayment:
- 14 Details:
- 15 FAQ:
Basic Info of scholarship and company:
Kuok Foundation is a non-profit charitable institution incorporated on 1 June 1970.
Their mission, as stated on their official website is working on the alleviation of poverty and suffering, the fostering of self-reliance and empowerment of the disadvantaged and underprivileged through education and training, and the promotion of the spirit of caring and sharing.
Up to RM 50,000 per year(depending on courses undertaken)
If the amount given is RM 30,000 and the tuition fee is RM 20,000, the money left(RM 10,000) will be any other expenses you want to spend on. E.g. accommodation, food or transportation.
Duration of Award:
The duration of the award is up to 5 years
No bonding required since this is a half grant and loan award.
Advantage of taking this scholarship/Extra benefits:
- No bonding required
Time range to apply:
Around June to July each year.
For the year 2020:
Online Application Opening Date: Not stated, need to pay attention to the announcement on the official website
Online Application Closing Date: 30 July 2020
Submission of Printed Forms & Documents Closing Date: 7 August 2020
Requirements to apply:
- Only Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should possess good academic qualifications and should be active in school.
- Kuok Foundation Undergraduate Awards are for needy students only.
- Only undergraduates / prospective undergraduates reading for full-time first degree courses are eligible to apply. Those pursuing diploma, foundation, off-campus courses, twinning programs, matriculation, etc. are not eligible to apply.
- Courses must be accredited by MQA and undertaken and completed in Malaysia.
- Priority given to science stream courses.
Family financial status:
As stated in requirement (c), the Kuok Foundation Undergraduate Awards are for needy students only.
Academic result minimum requirement:
As stated in requirement (b), applicants should possess good academic qualifications.
Priority given to science stream courses.
Where to Study:
Selected private universities in Malaysia as below:
AIMST University, Kedah
Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation, Kuala Lumpur
HELP University, Kuala Lumpur & Shah Alam
International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur
INTI International University, Laureate International Universities, Nilai
Management and Science University, Shah Alam
Monash University Malaysia, Sunway
Multimedia University, Cyberjaya & Melaka
SEGi University, Kota Damansara
Southern University College, Skudai
Sunway University, Sunway
Taylor’s University, Subang Jaya
The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Semenyih
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, Setapak
UCSI University, Kuala Lumpur
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kampar & Sg. Long
Xiamen University Malaysia, Sepang
Only undergraduate/prospective undergraduate with full time MQA accredited first degree course is accepted.
By monthly installments. Repayment should commence 6 months after the completion of studies or 1 month after the convocation or graduation ceremony, whichever is earlier.
Note: The loan portion is interest-free.
How to apply
- All applications must be made using the Foundation’s Online Application System.
After applicants have submitted their applications online, applicants are required to print their completed application forms and send them to the Foundation no later than 1 week after the online application closing date.
Late applications will not be considered.
2. Applicants must enclose copies of the following documents:
a. University / College / Polytechnic acceptance letter (as soon as available)
b. SPM / SPVM / ‘O’ level / UEC results or equivalent (Actual / Forecast) **
c. STPM / ‘A’ level / Matriculation / Foundation or equivalent (Actual / Forecast)
& MUET results **
d. University / College / Polytechnic results (Actual / Forecast) **
e. School testimonials and school leaving certificates
f. Identity card and birth certificate
**Certified true copies are required.
3. Particulars of all brothers and sisters must be provided irrespective of whether they are contributing any income to the family. Applicants should also ensure that particulars of parents/guardians, all brothers and sisters are verified. To view the list of documents, click here.
4. Referees stated in Section ’10’ of the Application Form must be able to provide information on the applicant’s family background when requested by the Foundation. The referees should also be contactable by telephone during office hours. Please ensure that the telephone numbers given are valid and correct.
5. Please ensure that all documents and information requested are enclosed/stated. If documents or information required are not immediately available, please explain why and submit them within 1 week from the printed application form submission closing date. The applicant’s name and university must be stated when submitting these documents.
Please note that all documents submitted will not be returned to applicants regardless of the outcome of their application.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
6. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. It is important for applicants to give their telephone contact to enable the Foundation to call them for interview if shortlisted.
1. Where can I know more about the application?
You can click here to know more about the online submission procedure.
YOU NEED TO REGISTER AN ACCOUNT TO USE KUOK FOUNDATION ONLINE APPLICATION.
2. Where can I register the account for the online application?
Click here to register an account for the online application.
3. What happens after I get shortlisted?
You will be notified via phone to have an interview, so please ensure the phone number is valid.
To get more information about the award, please head to the official website.
We hope that this article is useful for you. Good luck and all the best!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policy or position of https://www.aglowlife.com/
Get more information about scholarship interview experience and tips at https://www.aglowlife.com/scholarships/